- Why Choose Robust Auto Detailing?
- What is Opti-Coat Pro?
“Opti-Coat is a pre-polymer that cross links and forms a continuous film on the surfaces it is applied to, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish. Opti-Coat also reacts with the substrate that it is applied to so it will not delaminate”
“As far as the durability, it is similar to urethane clear coats. It will not wash away or break down, however, you can polish it over time! The hardness starts at 6-7 but will increase over time to 9H as it is exposed to heat. Opti-Coat has better chemical resistance, scratch & mar resistance, and release properties than any automotive coating in use.”
"Translated so we can all understand that – Opti-Coat is not a wax or polymer paint sealant that will degrade over short periods of time. Or a paint protection product that requires a special “soft wash” or pH neutral shampoo to remain on the surface for any extended period of time. It is a permanent, clear coat finish very similar to your factory clear coat, only harder, and with higher resistance to chemical etching."
"The second significant difference is the thickness of the coating. A single layer of Opti-Coat measures approximately 2 microns in thickness. Or 100 times thicker than your typical wax or paint sealant measuring in at 0.02 microns."
"What this means to your vehicle is that any damage inflicted on the surface is absorbed by the Optimum Coating. This is particularly significant in relation to scratches and swirls in the paint work that inevitably build up over time. Not only will the Opti-Coat resist damage far better than factory finishes, but the coating itself can eventually be removed and reapplied. Protecting and preserving your factory coating, and restoring the vehicle to “better than new” condition.”
- What is a 'Rinseless' or 'Waterless' Wash?
Here's a link on how to use the Big Red Sponge to rinselessly wash your car.
- What is a Clay Bar?
- What is the difference between Wax, Sealant and Coating?
'Sealants' or 'Paint Sealants' are made of synthetic polymers. Think of super thin 'plastic-like' film. Sealants sit on top of the car paint creating a slick and glossy look. They can usually last 4-6 months and is more feasible for daily commuters.
'Coatings' are made from advanced resins/glass/ceramic particles which create an impenetrable barrier against all environmental contaminants while providing a slick surface that lasts for years. Our Black Diamond Surface coating lasts 3 years. Opti-Coat Pro lasts for the life of the paint system.
- Why do you use only Distilled Water for detailing?
- What package suites me the most?
- How long does it take to get my car done?
- I missed or will miss my appointment. What do I do?
- Do you offer gift cards or gift certificates?
- What are the advantages of steam cleaning?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow?
- Do you cater to corporate, private and public events?
- What kind of Paint Protection Films do you offer?
- What is the difference between Wax, Coating & Paint Protection films?